Friday, June 19, 2015

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: Bookish Cath
7:00 PM

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: Bookish Cath



A blogger, a journalist, and most of all a writer. A talented woman with an awesome personality and writing skills  that could leave you in awe, her blog consists of personal thoughts, books and writings that you just want to reblog because you can relate into most of it. Forgive me for the About the Blogger section below is not yet updated but here's a little bit more that I gathered about her.

She graduated a Magna Cum Laude from Emilio Aguinaldo College-Manila, I know, she's awesome like that! She has few articles published at CandyMag (I'd have to dig first for the link) and now she writes on a newspaper. I am not at all knowledgeable about all of the things about her but that's all I can say about my Book Twinnie! Now let's go for the interview!



When did you start book blogging?

My blog didn't really start out as a book blog. I made it around early 2012 and when I started getting obsessed about books, that's when I started blogging about it which was around late 2012.


How did you start your blog? Did it occur to you that you are already a book blogger or your love for books just can't be contained that you incorporated it almost everyday in your post?

So like I said( Napre-empt ko na pala haha), I started out as a personal blog. It was more of an online diary where in I wanted to voice out what I felt, but somewhere along the way I started to get really obsessed with reading that I needed to express what I felt because I didn't really have much friends who were into reading at the time. I felt so alone with all of these feelings about the books that I have so I decided, what better place to share what I felt than my blog.


How often do you post on your blog?

I try to post at least 3-4 times a week. On weeks that I'm not busy I post more but on weeks that I am, I try my best to post at least once.


Do you always go on book signing events? How do you feel whenever youu meet that person behind our treasured books?

I've only been to two so far-- Mitch Albom and VTR( Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs). Although I only had my book signing by Tahereh. I keep on trying to go but for some reason, I have the most hectic sched when these booksignings occur. I wasn't able to have my booksignined by Mitch Albom in person because of the amount of people but when I met Tahereh, I felt like I couldn't speak hahaha. It was so surreal.


Top 3 fictional boyfriends
(Which actor would you see them in real life?)

Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars- Even before the TFIOS movie came out, I could never really picture any specific actor to play augustus waters although I think Ansel Elgort really did a good job portraying him.
Aaron Warner from the Shatter Me series- DANE DEHAAN!! The entire time I was reading the book, I was really picturing Dane the whole time. I don't know why but it seems like it's such a perfect match. There's something in both of them that feels so attractively villainous!! If there would ever be a movie adaptation of this book, I seriously want Dane to portray Warner hahaha
Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the french kiss- I really don't have anyone specific in mind haha


Any message?

Just be yourself and just keep on sharing your book feels! Don't feel the need to blog a certain way just to reach out to fellow bookworms. Just be yourself when you post and don't hesitate to connect with other bookworms online.




Hi! I'm Cath, a 21-year old college student taking up Mass Communication and Journalism. My current life mainly revolves around school. I'm a full-time nerd who is grade conscious. I dream of becoming a writer someday but I'm still trying to discover as to what I want to write.
Read More...

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about our blogger for today? :)