Monday, May 25, 2015

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: WRITER FOR MISFITS
7:00 PM

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: WRITER FOR MISFITS




Our blogger for today is Jenivieve, call her Jay, Vee, or Jayvee, whichever is okay. She's in the spotlight this week as she answers questions that circles around books and book blogging community.

A blogger aspiring to be an author and columnist someday. The Misfit Queen runs the blog called Writer for Misfits and dedicates her blog for all the misfits and book lovers just like her. Let's find out more about her in the interview below and make sure to follow her on her accounts. Let's go!



When did you start book blogging?

· My blog actually started early in 2013 as a personal blog. I did reviews of books here and there but I didn’t take it seriously till April of 2014! I’m having my first blogversary too! YAY!


How did you start your blog? Did it occur to you that you are already a book blogger or your love for books just can't be contained that you incorporated it almost everyday in your post?

· Again, I started my blog as more of a personal project where I could share my feelings about everyday life and all that but then I became inclined with book blogging after interacting with a few of them, learning things and then I became a full-fledged book blogger, who still shares her feelings about the world from time to time. *winks*


How often do you post on your blog?

· It usually depends when I feel like it. If I have an idea I would like to write down, I blog. If I need to put up a review, I blog. It usually depends on my situation. Most likely, in context, I saw 2-3 times a week on a regular basis. If it’s special, I say everyday! J


Do you always go on book signing events? How do you feel whenever youu meet that person behind our treasured books?

· I don’t. But I have been to a few and they are real fun! I get this ecstatic feeling as if they aren’t real at all and I’m like dreaming or something. However, it’s fun to also think that I’m like friends with them, which is so great!


Your best buddy in the book blogging community

· You are not making this any easier for me. I have to say it is Kai of Amaterasu Reads because we share so many of the same interests, especially on anime and of course with books. But mostly anime.





Top 3 Filipino book bloggers

These are currently:
So there’s Hazel of Stay Bookish
hmmmm, and this is hard but I have to say both Kai of Amaterasu Reads and Aimee of Deadly Darlings.
 And they are all my friends. I basically love all Filipino Bloggers.


Top 3 International book bloggers

· Can I not make it a top 3 coz I love so many of them really.
There’s Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner,
Ashley of Nose Graze,
Georgie of What She Reads,
Kristy and Melissa of Book Nerd Reviews and



Top 3 fandoms (Are you a serious fangirl?)

· Serious fangirl? Is there something more exaggerated than the word serious? Coz I am that. LOL. I’d say my top 3 fandoms are David Levithan Fandom, the Nerdfighteria fandom and of course the 5SOSFam J (this is a band btw)


Top 3 fictional boyfriends

· Let’s see... Hmmm, well, there’s Augustus Waters. He’s definitely the first to break my heart. Then there’s Theodore Finch, he ripped my broken heart into a million pieces and it’ll never be the same again. And of course, there is of course, Paul Markov, who would leave me for another dimension, thus crushing my heart into a dimension where no humans are allowed into.





To all the aspiring bloggers out there, I know it is tempting to want everything from ARCs to getting so many views and checking your stats, or getting a review out, but just know that this is more about having fun while blogging and not making it seem like it’s just a responsibility. Just let yourself go, blog with enough freedom and don’t be afraid to be creative either. You deserve your time in the spotlight, but it would definitely take time, coz you are not the only one in it. Know how to be unique without bringing anyone down.

· And to the readers, keep your heart in check, coz books will break you and hold you at the same time... Keep sane my brothers and sisters. And KEEP ON READING! Bless y’all J









Hi!!! I am Jenivieve, or rather known as Jayvee. But you can call me Jen or Vee. I know, I'm making it difficult for you. I am the person behind Writer For Misfits. I am from the Philippines and started this blog a year ago, with the purpose of sharing stuff that Misfits will understand. I wanted to include stuff that would make me happy, and one of those are books, so I decided to be a book blogger last November, and that, is the start of my career. This can also be considered a movie/music/short story blog. But not as much as I blog about books! READ MORE...

Email her at: jayveedecastro27@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about our blogger for today? :)