Saturday, May 16, 2015

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: Paper Boulevard
7:00 PM

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: Paper Boulevard



You can call her Yani. It's her nickname and she prefers to be called that way. She's in the spotlight this week as she answers questions that circles around books and book blogging community.

Yani's book blog is called paperboulevard, where she post her reviews and other features such as author of the week and other memes that surely some of you are also taking part in. You can find out more about her by visiting her blog or by joining me in this interview with Yani.



When did you start book blogging?

I am not new to the blogging world. I started blogging street-style-fashion photos on Tumblr but then I realized that I always rant about the books I have read and I have seen people reviewing books on Goodreads. It's when I realized that I wanted to review a book. I started May 2014 with paperboulevard.tumblr.com HAHA!


How did you start your blog? Did it occur to you that you are already a book blogger or your love for books just can't be contained that you incorporated it almost everyday in your post?

I started it with Tumblr. I posted reviews there (which are never good enough but I didn't mind editing it for me to come back in the future and laugh at myself how a loser I am on reviewing books) and features like author of the week and cover savoury.

My love for books just can't be contained really... That's one of the reason I started book blogging. But woah, book blogging is never that easy. You imagine awesome ideas for your blog but when you start to type a word or a sentence, nothing comes. AND YOU'RE IN A 'FAST READING MODE' because you want to read all of the books just released or still coming and reviews, lots lots lots of reviews to post!


How often do you post on your blog?

I post in a day and schedule other posts when it's holiday, Sundays (with no upcoming exams), and days with pleasure time. I am really stuck with my studies. I can only read on my free hours and never make any reviews. Like when 2015 started, I have not posted a review not until the last week of March. The pending reviews I have are still from last year's books I read. This is one of my problems. I really envy those bloggers who can keep their reading and blogging at the same with school.


Do you always go on book signing events? How do you feel whenever you meet that person behind our treasured books?

This is a big NO for me. I am way far from book signing events which are usually in Cebu (Visayas) and Manila (Luzon). I am in Mindanao and I think book signing hosts never had the idea of having a book signing in here because of Mindanao issues... Davao and CDO is different and far from the usual places with the war issues the news cover! (Sorry for not being open minded.) It's just when I went to Manila before, when people ask where I am from, their eyes would go big and their aura on me changes. *Sigh.*


Your best buddy in the book blogging community.

Ooooh. I can't think of any? I guess it's Carmel and Kyla.



Top 3 favorite Filipino book bloggers.



Three? That would be painful for the others! Well, here are the top three I usually visit: 




Top 3 favorite International book bloggers.



http://lilysbookblog.com/ [I love her reviews so much. She's a reviewer goddess to me.]

http://www.thesepaperhearts.com/ [I mostly visit their site because of the tutorials. LOL. But they are book bloggers, too!]
http://paperfury.com/ [*Speechless.*]




Top 3 fandoms? Are you a serious fangirl?



I AM NOT A SERIOUS FANGIRL. But I am #TeamGabriel from Lailah.



Top 3 fictional boyfriends? (Which actor would you see them in real life?)
Oh. My. God. This is a VERY, VERY, VERY difficult question.
  • Quentin Jacobsen of Paper Towns: I know right! I was not imagining Q as Nat Wolff but as Max Irons! 
  • Max Fletcher of Since Forever Ago: AAAAHHH HE IS THE HOTTEST AND CUTEST THAT I COULD EVER IMAGINE, Jake Abel!
  • Max Ryder of Hush: Husssshhh babe. He's British and he fits for Luke Treadaway.


Any message? (To the newbies and basically just every bookworm out there)

"Who are we to judge? We're just readers making lives to the nonliving words."




Hi. Yani is just a nick name. I am a book blogger from Cagayan de Oro, Philippines and existing for 19 years. I'm a college sophomore that studies Chemistry. I love to listen Amy Winehouse. Her voice and songs are unexplainable with words.

I am in love with books no matter how old they are as long as they make me have a good sniff.


This blog is made for my reviews of the books I have read but not all. I was aiming that people in my city could at least appreciate books and tell the stories they have read. Tell the stories to the kids on the streets. In possible ways, I share a story to a friend or more so they would get anticipated to read. READ MORE...




EMAIL HER AT: eeliahgem@ymail.com



2 comments:

What do you think about our blogger for today? :)